Indigo is a natural dye that is obtained from the plant Indigofera tinctoria. It’s rich, dark blue in color and is mainly used for dyeing clothes, especially denim. In fact, it is known to be one of the oldest dyes to be used for textile dyeing and printing. However, it is now also being used in combination with henna as a natural hair dye. Interestingly, indigo offers some great benefits for your hair when used appropriately. So, let’s take a look, shall we?
What Are The Advantages Of Using Indigo?
- It is an all-natural hair dye that does not harm your hair in any way.
- When mixed with henna, it gives your hair a rich brown color.
- When applied over henna treated hair, it gives a lush black color.
- Regular use of indigo on hair can treat and prevent premature greying.
- Indigo hair oil stimulates new hair growth and prevents scalp infections.
- Indigo hair oil also treats dandruff and conditions your hair.
Who knew this largely obscure natural hair dye could offer such a wide range of benefits, right? Well, now that you do, let’s look at how you can color your hair black using henna and indigo!
- Natural source of vitamin C
- It stimulates hair follicles thus promoting hair growth
- It also helps to straighten and strengthen the hair.
- Stimulates hair growth and enhances hair color.
- It also prevents premature graying of hairs and dandruff
- More you use amla, the darker your natural hair color will gradually get.
Shikakai is rich in vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin D and other micronutrients, and nourishes the hair follicles to promote hair growth.
- It is a mild cleanser, it doesn’t strip the scalp of its natural oils.
- It fights dandruff.
- It is beneficial to reduce the burning sensation.
- It also imparts fair complexion to the skin and alleviates the pain and swelling.
- It is extremely useful for smooth, silky and healthy hair.
- The herb exerts calming and soothing effect on mind because of its sattvika attribute.
- It works as a tranquillizer and a mild sedative, hence, is beneficial in mental stress, hypertension, insomnia and headache.
- It is one of the tonics useful in enhancing the memory.
- Improves the skin complexion.
- It also relieves the itching, burning and redness of the skin.
- It is used as a beauty treatment for re-growing hair, fighting dandruff and scalp conditions, Balding and Hair Growth.
- The entire fenugreek plant, also known as methi in India, is useful, but the seeds are especially useful in treating follicular problems. The seeds contain hormone antecedents that enhance hair growth the herb is also a great source of protein and nicotinic acid, which are both extremely important in strengthening and rebuilding hair follicles.
- An excellent dandruff remedy.
- Ability to boost hair follicle growth and even make straight hair look fuller, have more body and even add a little curl to it. This is because the herb supposedly helps reduce breakage and drying, which permits moisture to easily infiltrate the hair and alter its form.
- It makes hair smooth and shiny.
- Cures lice problem due to the smell of Lavender.
- Hair regrowth
- Nourish the hair.
- Lavender helps stimulate growth and balance oil production and improves circulation for hair growth.
- Hair will be shiny and fragrant.
- It gives excellent results in skin diseases and premature graying of hair.
- Boost hair growth and impart black color to the hair.
- The herb is used in various eye ailments.
- Licorice can help prevent hair loss
- Good for Headches
- Cleanse the scalp for healthy hair growth. It also stimulates blood flow to the skin and nourishes the scalp and hair roots.
- It acts like conditioner and prevent the dryness, flaking of hair. It provides the required nourishment and soothe the irritation.
- Dandruff and scalp psoriasis can be cured.
- Neem prevents the premature greying of hair and treats lice and hair fall.
- Application of neem reduces the thinning of hair.
- Good conditioner.
- Stop the hair fall.
Reetha powder is also known as aritha powder and it is sourced from the dried fruit of the same name. Some people also refer to reetha powder as soapnut powder.
- One active ingredient found in reetha powder is called saponin, a chemical that is widely used for its foaming properties. This is the reason why reetha powder is a common ingredient in various cleansing products.
- Reetha powder is said to help nourish the hair making it healthy, clean, and smooth.
- It makes hair thick and relief from itchy scalps.
- Cools the scalp and induces sound sleep
- Controls dandruff
- Makes hair long, dark, Dense & lustrous
- Strengthens hair roots
Brahmi is very useful in hair growth. It enhance the total hair health. It darkens hair and gives body to hair. By increasing the total hair health it helps avoid hair loss, hair thinning and dandruff. This has got medicinal value in Ayurveda. It is a known memory enhancer.
- The herb is used for treating hair loss, improving hair texture, and to stop premature balding and graying and various skin allergies.
- It is beneficial in promoting hair regrowth. Even without suffering any ailments, bhringraj aids in luxurious hair growth.
- Peppermint can reduce certain types of minor headaches.
- Peppermint soothes, cools and invigorates the scalp and alleviates dry, flaky, itchy scalp conditions.
- It fights dandruff, and head lice.
- Soothing scent making your hair refreshingly fragrant.
- Peppermint has proved its potency for hair growth. It stimulates the hair follicle thus, promoting hair growth.
- A beneficial treatment for hair loss, this is very effective as it binds the hair roots, and increases blood circulation.
- It promotes hair growth.
- Peppermint is known to work as a conditioner, adding shine, gloss, and bounce to the hair.
- It imparts brightness and shine and lightened the color of hair.
- It also help reduce or prevent hair loss.
- Hair products containing chamomile leave hair feelings moisturized, not heavy, and very manageable.
- It helps to relax and calm the body and relieves it from stress. Chamomile can be applied to the skin to relieve sunburns, aching muscles, and mild burns. Often, chamomile is found in cosmetics as an anti-allergenic agent.
- It is used for curing dandruff.
- Hibiscus flower yields a natural dark purplish dye which may be used to colour premature grey hairs.
- Prevents hair loss
- Enhances growth of hair
- Discourages split ends
- Thickens hair
- Prevents premature greying of hair
- To strengthen the hair from root to tip
- To cover premature greys
It helps to strengthen our hair roots and enriches hair color and texture.
Tulsi extracts are used to cure number of health issues. The Ayurveda practitioners have also been using Tulsi for curing diseases since thousands of years.
- Tulsi help blood circulation in scalp and will keep your scalp cool
- Reducing itchiness
- Improving hair growth.
- It helps in increasing hair luster
- It also gives volume to hair and cures lice problem
Henna Industries is a manufacturer of hair colour using Henna for hair colouring, professional hair colour, herbal hair colour and hair colour highlights.
- Our Brands
- Organic Henna
- Contact Us
- Awards & Certifications
Henna Industries Pvt Ltd.
Plot No. 45, Sector 27 A,
Faridabad-121003, Haryana (INDIA)